Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Deluka, Soulico, Kurt Vile, Lucky Pineapple, The Cribs, Amazing Baby, Alec Redfearn


Oh wow, Deluka is a phenomenal name for an awesome deli of some sort, but it's also the name of a very sweet ultra dancey techno group on VEL Records. Their new EP, Deluka EP, sometimes reminds me of CSS and the Ting Tings, while having something more pop-ish. If you like the most recent Ladyhawke record, you may find this tingling your musical taste budz. Fun dance jamz are always a winner.

Soulico has this really great song on their new album called Exotic on The Speaker, which is mildly influenced by middle eastern jamz. So very awesome because Lyrics Born and Axum are both featured on this jam. The whole album is totally awesome and unique, so definitely give it a listen (except for #1 because it's not very FCC friendly). I'm really digging the beats. Very sweet.

I really wish I could hate Kurt Vile. Why can't Matador just put out a shitty record. Why can't the Kurt Vile hype be founded on a complete fallicy? I'm done with music, absolutely done. Maybe because I saw his acoustic set on the beach and wasn't entirely fond of it and then all the sudden he had all of this hype and I was just thinking what fools people were for falling for the market, but then I just listened to his album and realized, it is actually kind of good.

Lucky Pineapple is another sweet record. It's poppy, experimental, fun, but most of all, these kids actually know how to play their instruments. RIYD Tortoise Calexico Devotchka and Man Man. Lucky Pineapple rocks. Very much. And they're opening for the Meat Puppets.

The Cribs are eternally one of my favorite bands, ever. So of course I have a super biased opinion about their music. I will like anything they produce, thus thier new EP, ignore the ignorant brings pleasure to my ears, although not in the same way the earlier jamz did.

Just letting you know that the new Amazing Baby single is everything that Rewild was and more. The single isn't on their myspace, so check it out here: http://hypem.com/#/search/supreme%20being/1/

Alec K. Redfearn and his Seizures make very awesome experimental music. Please check out their sick jamz immediately! Very cool and different. Reminds me of Peggy Sue a bit, but with male vocals and more variety within the album tracks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive